When you finally find the person of your heart—the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with—then it may be time to make it official; to make the person your lawful and eternal mate. And what better way to acknowledge this major life landmark than through the royalty and regality of a beautiful, ebullient wedding ceremony?
Of course, beautiful and ebullient does not have to equal expensive; and truth be told, just about any couple can host and facilitate the wedding of their dreams—even if it’s on a budget.
- Guest List: If you have an unlimited budget, then feel free to invite all of the family members and friends to your special event, ranging from cousins to co-workers and everyone in between. Those counting their pennies may wish to restrict their guest list to immediate family (parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.) and closest cronies only.
- Invitations: If money is no object, feel free to order engraved invites on the most elegant card stock, through a printing company or wedding supply store. If cash is the biggest object, you might buy general, prepackaged invites that still manage to shine in their beauty and warmth; or even create your own, either by hand or on the computer.
- The Wedding Dress: Of course every bride would love to wear a custom made Vera Wang on the big day; or, at the very least, to custom design the dress of her dreams, ordering this prized frock from a local designer or bridal shop. Those that don’t have this option available might instead sew their own gown, one that is sure to be even more memorable and meaningful than any of its store bought predecessors; or shop at bridal store sales or even thrift stores for more affordable options.
- The Ring: Couples with unlimited financial resources can feel free to design and order their own wedding and engagement rings from an upscale jeweler, either online or in their area; others may wish to surf the net for bargains, also visiting local stores for sales and bargains.
- The Venue: Couples with cash can reserve elaborate social halls and event facilities for the big day; even going so far as to rent space at mansions, museums, public gardens and amusement parks for a particularly splashy, high profile event. Others may dream of getting hitched at the church they’ve attended since childhood, at a public park, at city hall, or even at home.
- Decorations: For those with abundant resources, silk and lace will be the order of the day when it comes to wedding day decorations; expressed in the form of banners, pennants, wall and floor coverings, favors, doilies, etc. Also post an assortment of ribbons, floral bouquets, balloon columns, fountains, and perhaps even crystalline or ice-based sculptures. Yet anyone can plan a beautiful design scheme with the help of handmade wedding favors, paper lace, a few balloons here and there, and some decorative faux florals. Also shop for bargain décor at department store sales, card shops, and at dollar and thrift stores.
- Music: It just wouldn’t be a wedding without music; and some couples have been known to hire live entertainers to serenade them and their guests with songs of tender and romantic love; whether it’s during the ceremony, the reception, or at both events. Others play recorded music at both times or may hire a d.j.; alternately, a family member that is particularly talented at crooning may agree to sing for free—just make sure that they are indeed particularly talented at crooning, well before the date of the ceremony! And regardless of their financial means, sometimes the groom will serenade the bride on the big day. Awww…
- Grooming the Groom and Bedecking the Bride: Brides in particular sometimes like to get their hair and make-up professionally done on the big day, also opting for manicures and spa days. Yet even if your mom and sisters come over to make you over just before the ceremony, you are sure to look a vision on your big day.
- The Reception: Well to do couples often pull out all the stops for their major occasion; renting an elegant, fully decorated reception hall and catering a full meal that guests can enjoy after the ceremony. They also might choose to serve wine and cheese at a clean, well lit social hall, or even enjoy a gourmet meal at home or at a restaurant.
- The Cake: Regardless of what type of reception you plan, guests are sure to expect cake; and any number of gourmet, fully decorated confections can be custom ordered for the big event, through a caterer, bakery, or independent pastry chef. Yet a particularly lovely and very tasty cake also could be prepared at home, or ordered at a local grocery store.
FlickrWikipedia: Flickr (stylized as flickr and pronounced “flicker”) is an image hosting and video hosting website, and web services suite that was created by Ludicorp in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo in 2005. →